Re: almost lost the dakota...

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 01:23:34 EDT

At 11:01 PM 4/22/2000 , you wrote:
>---SNIP---
>I was just cruising on I-70 going east and I'm cruising with a car to my left
>and a car to my right. I need to get to the left lane, so I speed up so as
>I'm approaching another car on my right (car on left is STILL there) I get
>about 1/4 of my truck behind her and she taps the turn signals and wants to
>merge into MY lane. honked, beeped, yelled (didn't help) while slammin on
>the brakes and steering left (JUST enough so i didn't smash into the car on
>the left lane) anyways. she was just inches from my fender and the lady
>didn't even go back into her lane after she saw that I was in mine and she
>was about to make a Boo boo. anyways. I guess the Dakota Jinx isn't over
>yet....
>-Dester

I'm 'bout ready to make me a little sign: "Learn to drive
a$$hole". Oklahoma drivers are the worst I have ever seen. They just
can't comprehend that the left lane is the passing lane, aka fast
lane. The right is for slower traffic aka speed limit followers. Coming
home from work last week I came across a lady (not degrading women, just
happened to be a woman) in an SUV doing a couple under the speed limit, and
in the left lane with no one for a mile in the right lane. I was in the
right, onramp for another highway joining the one I was one came up, car
was coming on so I went to the left lane behind the SUV. Well both cars
decide to do the same speed. I'm stuck doing the speed limit and I'm
gettin' antsy. I need freedom to speed. I get right on the ladies bumper,
right foot on the gas and left ready to hit the brake, and see looks at me
in her rear view mirror. I start shifting side to side behind her and she
finally starts to speed up a little. She stays in the left lane and gets
past the other car on the right. I have enough room to get around and she
will not move into the right lane. Ohh what a pisser. Needed that sign and
a hand with an extra, extra, extra large middle finger!

Some people shouldn't be allowed on highways. Ohh the stories I can tell
of Oklahoma drivers!

Mike

mschwall@flash.net