Re: Spray In Bed Liners KICK BUTT... (rolled!)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 23:48:52 EDT

hey,
    I was at o'reily's auto parts and picked up a gallon of the duplicolor
roll/spray on bedliner and it came with the roller kit (roller, a little
scouring pad, and a paint brush) anyways. it is on "sale" for 45.99 and I
picked it up for under 50 bucks with tax. I got home. (thanks to god for air
tools) got an air sander out and probably spent an hour scuffing up the bed
and tailgate. those little cracks are annoying.
anywho...

with all that prep work. I rolled the stuff on and the funny looking roller
(has little looped bristles in it) gave the bedliner a really sweet texture.
Unlike other bedliners, there isn't sand or rubber bits in this kit, it's
like pure "paint."

oh well. it dried in about 15 minutes (swear to god) and I saw that I missed
a couple spots, so I'm gonna put another coat on it next week. That stuff
makes you REALLY light headed...

I'll tell you guys how it holds up to my abuse in a couple weeks.
-Dester

PS. if you plan on doing an over the rail ordeal, I'd get a lot of masking
take to tape it off. my friend has this thing where it puts the masking tape
and a roll or paper together for a splash shield and it worked great...the
little holder for it costs like 2 bucks at your hardware store. I don't know
what it's called, but I guess it'd be in the paint section or something.