Re: CATALYTIC CONVERTER RATTLE........(or y-pipe rattle).long

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 23:42:22 EDT

I had a rattle in my Cat. Converter... it was replaced under factory
warranty (7 years or 70 k miles I think) and the problem went away. I gotta
say, their welds for the new car sucked. It leaked out of the top of the
hole and they SHOULD have finished up the bead of weld up there. I finally
went back through with my welder and closed up the exhaust leak(s) they left
for me. Thanks, Mopar..
-Dester

<< Has anyone had an experience like me with their
truck?
 I think my cat used to rattle during the winter months. Lately I haven't
 heard any rattle. Im thinking this rattle could have been my Y-pipe. I
 changed my tranny fluid and filter and had to drop my y-pipe and move it
 foward. Im thinking the connection on the y-pipe between was rattling. I
 didn't get it welded because it wasn't leaking and wanted removal to be
 easier. If the converter was faulty wouln't I get a check engine light? In
 a few months I would think a light would come on. If any of you DML'ers had
 or have similar experiences could you share it. >>