Re[2]: TPS voltage @ WOT

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 11:39:20 EDT

I may not be reading/understanding this right but, yes, I understand the TPS is
a potentiometer however the resistance increases from idle to WOT which
increases the voltage output to the PCM. On mine the resistance ranged from 735
ohms at idle position to 4,091 ohms just before WOT but at WOT the resistance
went off the scale. What that should mean (according to ohms law) is that the
output voltage should be close to or the same as the input voltage at WOT --but
that's not what I got when I measured it. Really strange.
Tom