Dakota Curse Continues...

From: Chad Clifton (mcc@negia.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 23:31:43 EDT

Well... Coming home from work tonight at exactly 9:36pm Eastern, I was
hit by an Ambulance. They are doing construction on the road I was on,
and there was no shoulder for me to pull off on... They have it blocked
off with a cement barrier. So, the ambulance is blasting his horn and I
have no where to go... I panicked... I turned on my left hand signal
hoping he would notice, but he didn't, and he hit me right behind the
club cab area going about 35 or so. I know I probably should have just
continued to slow down until he went around me, but he had been
following me for some time and had chosen not too due to there being a
hill ahead. He was a very nice guy. I was extremely worried about the
people they were going after and was extremely relieved to learn that he
was the fourth ambulance called out to where he was going... It wasn't a
life or death situation, they were just going to take some other
accident victims to the hospital.

As for me, I am okay... I think. I went to the ambulance and was checked
out. I declined a trip to the hospital, even though I probably should
have went ahead. My blood pressure was 180 over 110. I have a history of
high blood pressure in my family and have had some problems with it in
the past. So they wrote it off as just being excited.

I don't know what's up with this Dakota Curse, but I never imagined I'd
be hit by it... Dakota drivers everywhere, beware :) :) :)

Chad Clifton
mcc@negia.net