Re: DML : Penzoil pure-base - What is this stuff?

From: wf wheels (loosewheels@excite.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 09:01:18 EDT

My uncle has used penzoil for years and has never had a problem but
according to my friend, he has heard stories in which that pure base stuff
rotted out the inside of the engine. but i don't know how true those claims
are. personnally though I run full sythetics in my 91' with over 120,000 and
it complaned at me when I put a Syn. blend oil in so I am sticking to
synthetics until I get her rebuilt and don't have to worry about excesive
blowby.

W.F.Wheels
91' CC 4x4 v8