RE: 180 Degree Thermostst

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 12:41:01 EDT

Tom,
This will do several things. Obvious one is lowering the engine
temperature. If you have any pinging at all, this will help eliminate some
or all of it. By keeping the engine cooler, you will run a little richer
and have a slight power increase (slightly lower mpg offset as well). It
will also help your engine last a little longer. True, and engine need to
heat up to a certain point, but beyond that heat is not your friend. Hope
this helps a little.
Rich - Ashburn, VA