Re: Re: SciTeck-twin turbos (Jason)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 14:50:03 EDT

    I'm still learning about all of this and there are a lot of
other membrs who could explain better then I can, but ...
    This twin turbo set-up (for v6's) involves two sequential
turbos. The first kicks in with low rpm's and the second kicks in
with mid to high rpm's. Therefore virtually eliminating any
turbo lag.
    How do they compare to a supercharger? First and foremost
the supercharger is a lot simpler to install & maintain. I don't
know specifics, but that is the impression I've gotten from the DML
and a few others. As for horsepower & torque, I'm inclined to
say the the twin turbo set-up will blow the doors off a supercharger.
    I know that this leaves a lot open and I'm hoping someone with
more knowledge steps in. I have yet to talk to Sciteck personally,
so there are a lot of unknowns in this.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm