Re: Re: Re: SciTeck-twin turbos

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 17:58:41 EDT

They're all "always running". Positive displacement superchargers(like
roots and KB) move the same amount of air/engine rpm and produce max
boost at loow rpm and it then stays at that level.
Centifugal superchargers' boost increases with engine rpm reaching a max
at high rpms.
Turbos produce boost based on engine load and can reach max boost in the
midrange, beyond which point it is restricted by the wastegate.
Dr. Pat