Re: WOMEN!!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 21:40:56 EDT

Okay, I have to chime in here about finding the ultimate WOMEN!!

I found and married the perfect women (just for census purposes, she was
born on Texas soil, but raised most of her life in California--I can't seem
to break her of that Texas thing though, so I stopped trying---what is it
with Texas???).

Stacey and I met during freshman orientation in college. Soon she had a
new nickname in the dorm. "Best Hood Ornament" Beautiful as she is it was
not earned for ornamentation. It was earned because she was either bent
over the engine compartment of my Cuda helping with something or doing
polish duty. One time when I was experimenting with cam timing, she helped
me change the offset doweling and replace the timing chain and cover three
times in an afternoon. She was greasy, dirty, cut-up, and exhausted, BUT
THRILLED TO DEATH ABOUT HOW THE CUDA THUNDERED!!! That got the attention
of our classmates. Especially, since she entered college a "snobby little
sheltered rich kid", I take credit for exposing her to the finer things in
trailer-trash living.

When my dad's Road Runner went up for sale when I was a broke college kid,
SHE bought it to make sure it didn't leave the "family". When we were
looking for a house she bought into my criteria for home scouting:

1. Garage Space
2. Garage Space
3. Garage Space
4. RV Access (for race car trailer storage or project space or both!!!)
5. More Garage Space

She never complained when our stable reached 9 automobiles and two
motorcycles!!! After all, they were her projects just as much as my own.

When the Shelby Lancer died and I decided I already had too many projects
to take on restoring my daily driver too. She found and talked me into our
new Dak (Saving me from F150 hell!!! and allowing us to remain an all mopar
family).

While I kind of like Japanese superbikes, she remains true to American and
British iron. Her next project after I finish the Cuda is to restore my
dad's old '53 Triumph Cub (the James Dean bike).

Besides being beautiful, smart, and hard working (she has a masters and a
jurisdoctorate and makes more than twice what I make as a lowly college
professor), she loves mopars and encourages us to go to car events and
racing. She was really bummed when she had to work the day we went to
Carlsbad to drag the trucks. She wanted to run her new Intrepid ES (with
MOPAR 2K plates). On May 7th, she is going to race with us at the SoCal
AutoX event at Hollywood Park.

The only problem I have with Stacey is the fear that someday I'll be ready
to drag race the Road Runner again competitively and she will balk. I
think she wants to be the driver...

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage