Re: RE: Re: Re: SciTeck-twin turbos (Jason)

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:56:33 EDT

See, here it is again, the mild 360 pulling 5500rpm with 10 psi makes 454
horse
at 4500 rpm. Factor in the 22% drive train loss and you get 355 horse at the
rear.
Now install the tighter convertor and rebuild kit for the xmsn and move that
loss
into the 13-14% area. That puts the power to 395 at the rear. That's why I
always
try to recommend the tranny area as the first performance upgrade area.
Sorry, just
rambling.......
Kuk

> Not really! The twin-turbo kit, depending on the boost factor can only
push
> so much air/fuel through the TB on a stock motor. Maintainability is the
> key for the stock engines, unless you planned to modify the stock motor to
> handle the extra boost. I can hookup a ATI 8-10 PSI SC and have around
> 360-375 rear wheel HP. The 5.9 tested is pushing around 375HP at the rear
> wheel and that is not SAE HP either.

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World