Re: Tire size/brand recommendation

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 22:03:32 EDT

Mag318Racr@aol.com wrote:

> Bob, what year of truck do you have and what size are your stock tires? I
> run the same size wheels on my '96 but I don't think I have that much
> backspace available. I run a 245/45 up front and a 275/40 in the rear. They
> are shorter than the stock 215/75's but not by much. At an indicated 65 I
> know I am going over 60.

Kelly,

The truck is a '98 CC. Tires now are the stock Eagle LS on the factory
alloys that came with. I started to do a sig describing it, but it got
really long. I'll go ahead and post it this time.

Have any pics of your truck on the web? I'm considering dropping to the
40 series if no other option. How is the ride quality with that short a
tire?

Bob

'98 CC SLT 5.2 Auto. Decals removed, 2/4 drop, Hotchkis swaybars and
front springs,
Bilstein shocks, Powerslot rotors w/carbon fiber-kevlar pads, Stillen
bumper cover, Stillen grill kit, steel cowl hood, Street Scene wiper
cowl,
Sprint flush mount tonneau, Xenon rear spoiler, ProGlass 'Cuda style
rollpan,
carbon fiber dash kit, power sunroof, tinted windows, JBA headers, MP
valve
covers, K&N 14" open element.

Coming soon - 17" Colorado Custom Palisade wheels/tires, MP computer,
MSD 6A,
Magnecor wires, Stainless Steel Brakes rear disc kit, Firestone rear air
bags,
Transgo shift kit, skunk stripe kit, dual exhaust to match
rollpan(prototype),
1.7 roller rockers.

Later - cam/intake/ported head combo or complete 360 buildup