Re: off topic: computer help needed

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 01:00:50 EDT

Wipe out the hard drive using
Format c: /s/q
Then copy the A:\ boot disk to c: using
A:\copy *.* c:
do not overwrite the command.com (answer "no")
Put the 98 disk in, change to D:\ and type setup.
If the disk is a Upgrade disk it will ask for a previous disk 1 or full
version of 95, put the
Win 3.1 disk #1 in or a 95 Upgrade disk (this will work)
If you have neither, then open wordpad, type Chevy Sucks, then save the file
to disk as
GDI.EXE
Open wordpad again and type Ford Sucks, and save the file to disk as
386.EXE
These are bogus files, but the ones that windows looks for when it asks you
for the disk #1
of the windows 3.1 set. E-mail me privately if you need to walk through some
stuff on the phone. MSDNG@netzero.net
Kuk