RE: Extended Warranty Cost

From: Michael Hines (michael_hines@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 10:04:29 EDT

I bought a Mopar Gold extended warranty for my '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee back
in November (covered almost everything w/ a $50 deductible - 5yr/60k mile)
for $900 and dealer's MSRP was about $1,300 +/-. I called an out-of-state
dealer that advertised on the web who told me that he couldn't sell it to me
since I was out of state, but he hinted to me not to pay over $900 for it. I
simply called the F&I guy at the dealership where I picked up the JGC and
offered him $850 for it and he agreed to $900. Then I got the Durango 58
days later (which meant I got my $900 back from Mopar since it was less than
60 days from the date of purchase :^)

Anyway, my $0.02 FWIW...

Mike Hines
2k Durango
99 Camaro

>Mine cost around 1980.00 for full MB/Dodge Gold Coverage >(no ded) for
>100K. It will cost the dealer around >1010.00 for this coverage.

>Steven St.Laurent

<SNIP>