Re: 4.7 Rev Limiter?

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 23:04:59 EDT

I don't really know but I heard 6k was the limit. OHC motors can usually rev
higher safely without valve float than a pushrod motor can. My wifes Cougar
4.7 ohc v8 can rev 6k. However reving much past the horsepower peak may be non
productive in a race. Check specs on the ohc motor and dont rev more than
about 200 rpm past the peak hp rating or you will loose performance.