WOT Shift problems with Transgo kit

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 09:04:24 EDT

It's been quite awhile since this subject has been discussed
on the list so I was wondering if anyone who had the WOT shift
problems with the Transgo kit has ever nailed the cause and
come up with a solution.

My problem occurs at WOT when manually shifting the auto.
in order to shift at higher rpms. Most often, the tranny
will not shift into 3rd from 2nd. On a few occasions,
the shift into 2nd will not occur from 1st.

I have adjusted the TV cable both towards the firewall
and towards the rad. Neither has solved the problem.

The problem seems to occur whenever I shift close to
or beyond the preset shift points in the computer under
WOT conditions. Shifting at part throttle causes no
problems and shifts are firm and slippage reduced.

Any feedback/thoughts (except from the 5-speeders needless to say)
would be most welcomed.

Bob. Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 3.92 SG, auto.
Corrected max. rwhp = 227.4 Corrected max. rwtq = 335.0 lb-ft
PB 14.85 sec @ 91.67 mph