Cheap Dodge 318 for someone in Cali.

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 14:21:33 EDT

Hey DML'ers

Found this over on one of the other Dodge boards I visit (Power Wagons and
M-37's - the military equivalent of the Power Wagon). I can't provide any
more detail then what is said below. However, if someone in So. Cal. wants
to check it out, $75 for a rebuildable 318 doesn't sound too bad.

*********************
This is the first V8 conversion motor I put in my M37. It's out of a 1986
police car. I've been told these motors are built specifically for the
police car application and are a little better than the stock 318... special
cam? I don't know, haven't had it independently confirmed. Regardless, this
motor ran good when in my truck, but burned oil. I picked up an older 318
and swapped it, intending to rebuild the police motor. I've acquired another
project ('43 GPW jeep) and don't have the time or space to rebuild the 318.
I'd like to get $75 for it. I also have a Carter 2bbl carb, ThermoQuad 4bbl
carb, power steering pump, AC pump, etc. Anyone interested?
Contact: cdavis@johnsonmfg.net (chris davis - lake forest, california)

Later,

Duff -- (Also looking for a Power Wagon or M-37 to restore)
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI