RE: [dml_Off_Topic] Holy Crap: GPS rocks!

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 07:59:26 EDT

Now just think, if your GPS could read Russian satellites (GLONASS), you
would have had this accuracy ever since, oh, maybe a year after the U.S.
first implemented their GPS system. GLONASS and DGPS made SA irrelevant a
LONG time ago. SA hasn't made any sense for the last ten years (at least) -
I can't believe the Feds waited this long to do away with it.

OTOH, I hear the Russians have run out of money for GLONASS and maybe only
eight of their satellites are still working....