Re: RE: Re: R/T injectors and cam timing question

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 09:38:55 EDT

<snip>
> if you are having trouble getting off the line (ie.wheel spin etc.)this
> might help but you have to remember how high can you rev your motor before
</snip>
There are sometimes exceptions, but the rule is that retarding the cam
gives you a little more top end power at the expense of low RPM power.
  Advancing the cam provides more bottom end torque, but will lower
the rpm at which peak power occurs. With that said, why would you
advance the cam if you're blowing the tires away, or have a stick shift?
BTW, if you are going to move the cam timing around, don't just blindly
trust someone's timing marks. Get a degree wheel & a dial indicator
and do it the way your cam grinder reccomends.
 Keep in mind that many cams are ground with 2-6 degrees of
advance to begin with.
Cheers,
Mike V