Re: Re: DML:River City Dragway

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 21:25:15 EDT

It's really pretty far out in the country - old pastureland. There were
some houses there before the track, but they were made aware of its
impending construction long before its beginning. No one cared until
after it was built.

I hear you about people moving near these things and then complaining.
Happens with airports and race tracks quite often. "Hey, honey, there's a
nice house there at the end of the runway." "Oh, yes, dear. Let's look at
it." "Hey, this is perfect; we'll take it!" 2 months later- "don't these
damn planes ever stop? How can we get any peace. Let's get a noise
abatement on the engines! Let's close the airport! Let's start a
petition. I'll bet all of our 600 neighbors along the runway will sign
it!"

I'm with you, Flip.

Richard

On Wed, 3 May 2000 16:31:25 -0700 fdedip@whale-mail.com writes:
> But which was there first, the track or the houses? People are
> always moving next to loud things, then complaining about the noise.
>
> I got no patience with them.
> Flip

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.