Re: premag and oil usage

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 08:42:51 EDT

I got about 190+K on my 3.9. It doesn't have any leaks, but it does burn
about a quart every 750mi. This is mostly due to my rebuilding the top end
with new heads, cam, etc.. and having 190+K on the stock lower end. I
figured it is mostly blow by. I may even have a cracked ring in the #5
cylinder. I've had some problems it the past with it burning up valves and
plugs. Other than the oil usage, the motor still runs strong. Everyone at
the Foxwoods meet commented at how strong it sounded when I pulled into the
lot. It still has enough power to light smoke the tires.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM