RE: How can I put an ignition kill switch in my truck?

From: Brown, Mike (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 09:51:36 EDT

As previously mentioned...You can tap off the hot wire to the coil, as MSD recommends it.
You can intercept your ignition wire with a simple rocker switch. One cool thing I did on a toyota I had
when my ignition switch went bad, was intercept the hot wire to the starter with a momentary push
button switch....you turn the key and push the button. The cost was about $5.00 from radio shack,
versus $75.00 for a new ignition switch. Just an Idea...

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.
97-Dakota Club Cab,5.2L, 4X4, 7" Lift, 33"x12.50" BFG A/T.

http://www.geocities.com/mbrowwwn/index.html