new dude

From: Jonathan Nelson (nelsonjo@engr.orst.edu)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 22:34:33 EDT

Hey all, I just joined the list and had a few questions for you all. I
just bought a 2000 regular cab/ 4.7L /5-speed/3.55LSD/2WD SLT+ dakota
that in theory is supposed to arrive at the dealer next week. I'd like
to put a exhaust system, and intake on it. Any suggestions? The only
exhaust that I know of available for the 4.7 so far is the flowmaster
kit. As far as the intake goes, I only know of the airraid, and I'm
sure K&N has an FIPK for it, or at least will. I've had alot of
experience with K&N stuff before, but never with air raid. What do
people think? Those are the only mods I'm planning in the near future,
but eventually I'd like to put dak R/T wheels and a hotchkis suspension
kit in it to, and see how well it would handle autocrossing. Have any
of you tried autocrossing your trucks much?
Thats about all I've got for now, but the list looks really cool. I
can't wait for my truck to show up. I've been driving a blower motored
70' challenger convertible around for the last 4 years. It'll be nice
to keep the challenger for sunny summer days and have a new truck the
rest of the time. Thanks for the input,

Jon