adjusting valve lash

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 04:30:38 EDT

I'll be doing the MPI install in a few months. While I'm tearing
everything down I want to check my valve lash. I've got a ticking
that comes and goes. Does anyone know how to check this?

What else can cause a tick to come and go? Usually when I hear it
performance seems to go down a bit. I know exhaust leaks often sound
like lifters but what else besides the exhaust can I check? If it turns
out to be a lifter can I just put new lifters in?

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com