Re: MPI question

From: James Harmon (jdharmon@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 02:02:34 EDT

The windage tray keeps the oil in the pan from splashing on the crank.
Less drag, more hp. Only about 3 to 5 hp at the wheels though. Very
inexpensive mod ($35 from MPP) if you can get the oil pan and remove it
fairly easy. The new Daks are a real pain. Have to lift the engine.
Took two hours to get it in the DACUDA. If I were to do it again, I
would knife edge the crank at the same time.

This is a mod that a lot of the older mopar motorheads did to eek out
another few hp from their engines. Doesn't hurt anything.

Jim