Re: Re: R/T injectors and cam timing question

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 22:02:01 EDT

"Carboni, Robert" <rcarboni@ets.org> wrote:
>For a naturally aspirated 8 cyl engine with 19 lb injectors, this formula
>would give (8*19)/0.45=337 horsepower. Therefore, 19lb injectors can handle
>up to 337 horsepower (as measured at the engine, not the rear wheels), and
>24lb injectors can handle up to 426 HP. Keep in mind that these figures are

Wow! What a great post! Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking
for. I'll know what I'm putting out when I hit the dyno on 5/20. I'm
sure I won't be making 337hp, but it's nice to know at what point 24#
injectors would help. In light of this it does make one wonder why DC
put 24# injectors in the 2K R/T.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43