Re: control arm bushings

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 01:43:53 EDT

It probably would. I have a 97 dakota v6 auto that has a torn upper
passenger back bushing too. Basically, one day when I was taking my wheel
off, I noticed the piece of rubber just laying there. It has caused
vibration in my steering wheel since. Balanced my BFG T/As also and it still
shakes, rotors had a .002 run out so those aren't it... I'm gonna single the
bad bushing out...
-Dester

<<
 Question: Will a bad upper control arm bushing cause a vibration in the
 steering wheel? I have had a moderate vibration in the steering wheel
 for some time now. I just got new tires (BFG Radial T/A's) and this
 got rid of almost all the vibration, (I thought the old tires were the
 cause). But now I have noticed the vibration coming back. It comes
 and goes. It's most noticeable after it has set overnight. After
 I've driven a while the vibration goes away, and for the drive home
 from work I don't feel it. >>