Re: Re: what about the nv-3500

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 09:17:30 EDT

Well I guess this means one thing and one thing only, i am getting the 100k
mi warranty as I drive it like I stole it.... I guess if I manage to
Grenade a tranny the warranty will pay for itself. And then I have so much
less to worry about.... like redline... hmmmm yup looks like i am gonna get
one, i was planning on it anyway but now is near definite. Thanks for the
info man...

Chris

>Yes, Chris the transmission in our 4.7L trucks is still the NV-3500, but in
>dodge's relaese to the press when the gave them the red quad cab
>4.7L/4x4/5-spd/3.92 they said that "greater shift refinement can also be
>found in our 5-spd manual transmission" I don't know if they really made any
>changes or are just saying that because the 4.7L is very different to drive
>with the same 5-spd? anyway, I hope mine lasts long enough to justifying me
>buying it with the 5-spd.I always thought that if you were too lazy to
>change gears, you were forced to pay for transmissions because you had to
>have that automatic,but if you were willing to shift, you didn't have to
>worry about it.I guess things have changed.The 1974 dodge ton truck that I
>drive has 530,000 miles on the original transmission(NP435 4-spd manual) and
>rearend(dana 70- 5.13) and they have had three mators hooked to them.I
>drive this truck almost everyday and Would take it over my new dakota any
>day.I just got done swapping in a TBI 318 from a 90 model wreck.Runs like a
>champ! Will coughlin@centuryinter.net

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 3.93SG, Traction Problems, Special Ordered...