Re: Different trouble codes

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 12:14:03 EDT

At 12:24 PM 5/6/00 , you wrote:

>Hey this may be old news but has anyone ever tried holding down the trip-o
>reset button while cycling the ignition for the trouble codes? I was trying
>to extract the current trouble codes from my 97 Dak and on a lark I held
>down the little button/lever next to the odometer while cycling for the
>codes and instead of
>12, ##,##, 55 I got the word "CHEC" followed by the numbers 950 and 999.
>The word appeared while I had the button down but the numbers diddn't come
>up until I released the button. Also the numbers came up automatically
>without any further cycling. Anyone know what the heck this is. Thanks

This is a check of your dashboard lights and gauges. If you push the reset
button again after the 999 you will see all the segments of the odometer
LCD light up, then each individual segment lights, then all your idiot
lights light up, then you gauges will cycle. Don't know what the numbers mean.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Things should be made as simple as possible -- no simpler."
--Albert Einstein