DML Heads, Intake, etc., etc. (Attn. Aaron)

From: wf wheels (loosewheels@excite.com)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 16:04:34 EDT

Aaron,
   I am willing to agree with you that the heads may be the same but I know
for a fact that you are wrong in saying that the TBI unit is the same on
both engines. It may be true that the throttle body on the the magnum MPI
setup is the same on both the 5.2L and the 5.9L. But I am talking about
"throttle body injection units", and if you recall in one of my previous
e-mails I talked about having to do a rebuild on my current TBI unit at
which point I had compared the ports using the spacer plate skins. Which as
I found out the difference between the two is the size of the bore for the
throttle plates and according to what I have been taught: larger bore = more
cfm = more power. Which this is where the need for a larger bore in the
intake comes in to play on the 5.9L. As I had said I do not know whether
there is a difference between the intake ports for the heads which I was
trying to find out whether anybody knew or not so that I can avoid spending
more money than neccessary.