Re: Re[2]: Towing a Hummer!

From: Gene Rivers (webmaster@mopars.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 21:58:53 EDT

It has been a while, but back in the mid 80's, I was stationed at Tooele
Army Depot out in Utah and we were charged with fielding the HUMV. It was
rated at the factory for a 60% grade, but would do much more than that. We
had a great test track and in the winter the snow made the trails and climbs
even more interesting. Dammed fine ride. I always wanted to swipe one and
take it to Moab.
But my favorite was the HEMMET, a 10 ton cargo truck with 8 wheel drive. It
also came in a tanker version at the time. That truck would really climb!
Dak content, you could haul 4 Daks in a HEMMET!

Gene & Renee Rivers
99 R/T, CC, DA
http://www.mopars.net