Re: *#@*&$ing intake gaskets!!!!!!!!!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 21:42:01 EDT

fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

> Anyone else had this problem with the MPI/M1?? If so, PLEASE how did you
> fix it I am gettin annoyed!!!!!

I had the same problem with the rubber gasket but corrected it. The problem
with mine was the "V" shaped rubber gasket centers up with the dowl holes for
the alignment pins used with the cork gasket set. I rused the rubber gaskets
but filled the holes with RTV and applied a layer of the ATV to both sodes of
the rear section of the gasket. I then reassembled it and let it set
overnight to cure and it has been OK since. Make sure everything is clean and
dry. If you look closely you can see how the "V" centers but does not cover
the alignment hole.

Good Luck

Bill