Re: Subwoofers

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 11:53:58 EDT

I would be careful trying to put a speaker in an enclosure that wasn't made for
it just so you can run more power. The sound quality may be worse than a lower
power speaker that is efficient in the enclosure. That doesn't mean you cant
find a speaker that is better than stock just make sure the speaker you choose
is made to work in a cabinet with the air volume of yours. Reputable stereo
shops should know how to help how pick the right speaker for the size
enclosure. My son runs a jl 12 dual vc in his y2k Corvette but the new top of
line Kicker amps he just bought are too much for it. He is going to give the
speaker to me when he replaces it. I don't yet know what he is going to use.
His system is being custom built by a big shop in Dallas where he lives.