: Pinging?

From: tony mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 13:25:07 EDT

WoooHooo! No I'm not cheering because your truck is making noises, its
just that I've finally found someone whos truck does thesame damn thing
mine does. I've been told that that noise is pinging and I dont know that
its not, but it just sounds like something rattling or clacking. I can no
longer use 87 gas or the rattle will drive me nuts. 89 seems to cut it out
90-95 of the time so thats what I use now. I've been running stock champion
plugs in my Dak until this weekend when I switched to Bosch platinums. I
may try half a tank of 87 to to see if the plugs were the problem . I'll
let you know