Re: Perma-Cool fan question plus others

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 13:53:28 EDT

you can still use the shroud with the electric fan.....but it wont work
the same. in order for the
fan to work the best, the blades are supposed to stick out the shroud by
about a 1/2 inch or so like on the stock set up.
I used to run the electric fan.......it works great in cool climates, or
if you never get stuck in traffic....but if you slow down, or come to a
stop........It will start to overheat.

Check out this months 4 wheeler. In the back they have an ad for dual
fan set up with a molded shroud. They show it for a cheby......but it
should fit on a 34" radiator. My truck is still in the shop, so I
havent measured the radiator yet.......but if it fits, it will out flow
everything, and should keep it cool.
My single permacool used to flow 3600cfm. This dual should flow i think
5200cfm
Talk to you later, stay cool....
Tony