Re: Tires Sizes On '95 2WD

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 15:51:19 EDT

I ran '97 Steel Dakota wheels (Gray w/black center caps) on
my '95 with 255/60-15's and it looked really good. The
only problem: with that wide a tire on those narrow rims
the tires have a tendency to roll a bit, and the truck gets
a little side-to-side action in hard turns. I first
noticed it when I had my motorcycle mounted on rear class
III hitch, and it was a weird feeling. In general it was
fine, and I put nearly 50k miles on that setup.

Sam '00 RT

--- dakman@freewwweb.com wrote:
> Will, 7" rims would be a better deal on the front
> providing you get a 5"
> backspace. Then the 255s would be fine. 8s with 235/70s
> are fine too! D
>
> MyS10PU@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 5/8/00 12:21:58 AM Central Daylight
> Time,
> > dakman@freewwweb.com writes:
> >
> > << The 255s just looked too
> > aggressive, stuck out of the body too much. >>
> >
> > Would 7 inch wheels change this at all?
> >
> > -Will

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com