1st Time to Track...Results

From: Brown, Mike (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 15:56:20 EDT

Well...after friday night, I can understand why you R/T guys are crazy about the 1/4 mile.
I was only able to get two runs in because we were late getting there. My times I think were respectable,
since I was running with 7" of lift and 33" tires (and 4WD). Both times were 17.2. My reaction time off the line is where I
definitely need improvement. The first time I was so nervous I had no idea where I was going or how to judge the light.
The second time I manually shift, but my reaction time was worse that the first time, although my over all speed as a bit faster.

Now that I'm a bit hooked, I plan on changing the 33" tires this friday to my stock ones. I should improve at least by one second.
I go to say it was a blast !!!

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.
97-Dakota Club Cab,5.2L, 4X4, 7" Lift, 33"x12.50" BFG A/T.

http://www.geocities.com/mbrowwwn/index.html