Re: nv 3500

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 01:45:39 EDT

I don't see any reason why not. I just got done swapping a premag 318(TBI)
into a truck that I work out of.It has a 4-speed tranny, but the motor was
hooked to a 4-speed automatic transmission when I pulled it out of a
wreck.I'm pretty sure the tranny was an a-518 overdrive, wich was the same
tranny used until 95(I think) and the nv-3500's were used during these
years, so I don't see any reason why not.Might I ask what you are going to
be using the truck for? I have a 2000 w/a 4.7L V8 and the NV3500 5-speed.I
am hoping to swap it for an NV 4500 when this one goes out.I have seen 4 of
my friend's trucks with the 318 and 5-speed go in for at least one new
tranny under 20,000 miles.repost and tell me more, Will
coughlin@centuryinter.net