Hotchkis Saved my life!

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 11:55:18 EDT

On the way to work this morning, traffic was hell. I was
about 40' behind a truck when a girl in a Mustang pulls a
bonehead move-- goes from the fast lane to mine lane (#3),
no signal, no nothing... all the while putting on her eye
shadow.. We are moving about 65-70 mph at this time, and
now I've only got about 4' in front of me, and I am trying
to back off a bit, when the XITCH nails her brakes, but
with NO TAIL LIGHTS!!!!! I looked to my right, there's a
semi, I looked to my left, and there's a Isuzu delivery
truck in the #2 lane, about 1 foot behind my tailgate...I
YANKED the wheel to the left, then to the right, all the
while on the gas...(this entire process took about 1
second)... I was into the #2 lane in a split second, and
pulled away from the Isuzu smartly... The girl in the
Mustang was nearly rear ended by the car behind me, and she
apparently hit her brakes because she dropped something
while doing her makeup. JEEZZ!!! If it wasn't for the
Hotchkis, I would have surely either A) Run into the back
of her car; B) if I had attempted to make that same lane
change, the truck would have easily rolled or gone out of
control; or C) both A & B...

----

Yesterday, I was driving home after work, and a guy in a '90s Corvette thought it would be funny to tailgate me up a pretty steep hill (8% grade) as I passed everything in sight up the hill. I wasn't running my usual speed of 80+, just the standard 65-70 that most V8s do up the hill... Near the top I did accelerate a bit, and the Vette ever so slowly lost ground. I thought, cool. Then we hit the down hill twisty section. It runs about 5 miles of single lane, then opens up to 2 lanes as it hits the windy section. The vette was all over me as I waited patiently behind an F250 until the 2nd lane opened up. Well, as I entered the first diving turn, the Vette didn't like the little dip in the corner and got a little bit squirelly... I just kept my pace of 80-85 throught the turns, and I eventually had a 10-12 car lengths on the guy... Towards the bottom where it straightens out he got on it to try to blast by me on the shoulder, but I was able to keep him 8-10 car lengths behind.

Sam '00 = 1 Vette=0

===== Sam '00 RT (14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net! http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444 Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals! https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com