More on '97 5.2 HiPo Computers...

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 16:50:09 EDT

Some of you guys know that a couple of weeks ago I installed
the MOPAR High Performance Computer for the '97 5.2 Automatic
2-Wheel Drive. I e:mailed my evaluation of the performance to
several people that requested it via private e:mail.
After a week of running the Hypertech last fall, I returned it to
them for repair/upgrade to solve several problems. I never could
get a straight answer from them on when I might get it back or if
I would get it back at all. I was in the process of requesting my $300
back.

Today, at 4PM the UPS man shows up with a package from Hypertech.
The packing slip says it is Part # 972300, UPC 759609041036 Beta Test
Unit, '97 Dakota 5.2 EFI (all transmissions) PTM. (Power Tuning Module)
The last time I checked the Hypertech Web Site, these had been removed
and not for sale.

Now that I have it, I got to try it. I will install it tomorrow afternoon a
2PM.
I will try to outline the difference in street performance between the MOPAR
HiPo PTM (California) and the new Hypertech (hooked to the Stock Computer).
I will send this information to anyone who is interested.

I have been happy with the MOPAR PTM. If the Hypertech gives me any trouble,
out it comes.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan