Re: intake sealing

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 19:52:41 EDT

fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Is it a bad idea to reuse the intake to head gaskets? I noticed on the old
 ones that only 1 side was imbossed from the intake, and thought maybe I
 could flip them over and reuse them (hate like hell to keep buyin gaskets
 for this *#&@ intake) I'm thinking about using RTV only in place of the
 end gaskets, would this be a bad idea considering the thickness of the stock
 end gaskets? (thereby making the intake sit lower...)

You can try "the right stuff" made by permatex. Its good stuff, I used this
once for the intake valleys on my old 239. It worked.
Boog