Re: RE: I NEED HELP FAST - I AM BUYING MY DURA RE: TERRY

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 23:33:25 EDT

>From: Barret, Matt <MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com>
> Well, just look at my times Terry! hee hee

I have looked at your times.

> Only one engine mod (that is homemade) slicks and traction bars= 14.5's
> heeheee, now lets see here, what was that long list of mods you have and a
> 14.7 Terry??? come on man, I dyno'd 208 hp and 285 TQ with just my

Excuse me, but last time I looked you are driving a RC and I am
driving a CC. More important, you have a 5 speed and I have an
automatic. Go back and read my post. I said ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL but
the 4.7 vs. 5.9, which is what the Durango would be since it only
comes with an automatic, the 5.9 would be the better choice if his top
priority is speed. Now, would you like to convince me that your 4.7
in a CC auto would beat a stock CC R/T with the 5.9? Perhaps we could
get some 4.7 CC auto 1/4 mile results posted.

>homemade filter???compared to the all Mighty RT with mods to numerous to list and
>you pulled 213 hp and 302 TQ!! Torque??? hee heee!!! Why do I need
>5 more hp and 17 ft.lbs torque if the 4.7L is already running 14.5's ?????

You should check your facts before you make a fool of yourself. I did
not have mods too numerous to list at the time I did that dyno run. I
had a QuickD TB and intake and 180 stat. That's all. Plus, and I
bring this up again because you continue to overlook this very
important fact, I have an automatic transmission and you have a
manual. Just in case you're not aware, an automatic loses more
horsepower to the ground than a manual transmission. Comparing rear
wheel dyno runs of a 4.7 in front of a manual to a 5.9 in front of an
automatic is not a valid comparison of the two engines unless you take
into account the differences in driveline loss.

>That increase would make very little difference in performance! I
>don't see all the potential Terry?? holler when ya break into the 14.50's!!

If you don't see the potential that's not my problem. And don't
worry, I'll be hollering at you real soon, and I'll be doing it with
an automatic club cab.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43