Re: Re: nv 3500

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 03:13:46 EDT

When you say lowering the axle ratios,do you mean going from a 3.** gear to
a 4.** gear or going the other way? I've got the 3.92 gear under my truck
and all it likes to run is about 57-60 mph on the highway before it starts
pushing too hard.The overdrive is not real tall in the nv-3500 and it won't
help much.I don't turn my motor faster than 2000 rpm ever so I can't drive
mine very fast.Good luck with your 318 swap.I would recommend going with a
TBI 318.I love these motors,they hold up well.Mail back-Will
coughlin@centuryinter.net