RE: noS ?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 18:59:35 EDT

You won't need it unless you run 100 or higher. Even with the JET Stage-II
chip, it didn't ping until I used the 100HP shot...and then, it was just a
slight ping on the initial shot.

Here's what I found with my V6 and the NX Kit:

50HP Shot - Good, but not quite the gain I wanted - No Retard required and
no ping
75HP Shot - Lots of fun on the street and for the occasional street romp -
No Retard required and no ping
100HP Shot - VERY noticeable and excellent for the track - 2 degree retard
and only a slight ping on initial shot without the retard
125HP Shot - Not much different from the 100HP shot - 3 degree retard and
pinging was noticeable with out the retard
150HP Shot - Once...NEVER AGAIN. It sounded like the crank was about to
burst out the oil pan - 4 degree retard used and still no improvement -
Might be too much for a V6

BTW: I use the MSD 3-Stage Retard but only use the first stage for
now...future mods may require the 2nd stage.

Hope that helps.

- Bernd