Re: Limited Slip Was: Swift Rapids

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 19:31:04 EDT

This comes from driving Jeep mind you, but the results are probably the same
for the Dakota. I bought my Jeep in 95 with Chrysler's limited slip in the
rear in a Dana 35c axle. Everyone who was open would ask "wow, you locked?"
and everyone who had full lockers would say "you're open, get a locker!" On
a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is open and 10 is fully locked I'd judge the
limited slip at about a 3 or 4. After two years I swapped to a full locker,
removing the limited slip and installing a Detroit Locker. It was a major
difference in off-road ability.

Regards, Mike Klinke

On order: 2K Dakota QC 5.9L Sport