Re: Speaker impedence

From: Mike Guzinski (Colorado_Kota@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 02:35:10 EDT

I don't know of any car audio products that are made to run 8ohms
only.....all that I have seen have been rated at 4ohms. The lower impedance
the less risistance which makes greater power from the internal amp in the
head unit this in turn will make the amp work harder and get hotter, but if
it is made to run at 4ohms you can do it with no ill effects. The 8ohm
speakers will not be as loud but will not produce as much distortion. Kinof
a trade off. What kind of head unit do you have?
Mike Guzinski
1999 CC 4x4 SLT+ 318 Auto
Colorado_Kota@Prodigy.net