RE: intake sealing again

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 10:11:13 EDT

Jon,
The rubber/steel ft. & rr. gaskets are the upgraded replacement. If you
purchase the gasket set from the dealer, this is what you will get now. (At
least you should.) I haven't heard of anyone blowing the newer gaskets.
(Not yet anyway.)

I trashed the cork set that came with the M1 and purchased the newer
rubber/steel set. The original cork set on the factory intake had already
been replaced once. Wasn't going to go through that again. I used RTV on
the little guide pins and in the corners, that's it. No leaks so far, it
sealed up nice. (Wish I could say the same for my oil pan gasket.)
Good-luck whichever way you go.
Rich - Ashburn, VA
P.S. Are you still thinking about coming to Carlisle? I'll be there
Saturday for sure (that's judging day), and possibly on Sunday too.