new member

From: meross@gpu.com
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 17:55:10 EDT

I'd like to introduce myself to the list. I've got a 1993 Dakota 2wd extra cab
with 318ci Magnum V-8. I've owned since new and have 168,000 miles on it. The
only problems Iv'e had were a ripped passenger side door outside window seal and
font end misalignment very early in life - both fixed under warranty - and at
125,000 miles the fuel pump went bad. I do all my own work on the truck. I
routinely tow a 23' boat short distances and other lighter loads all the time.
The truck has proved to be an extremely reliable workhorse. My wife loves to
pass on one lane roads - it has all the power she would ever need for that. The
only modificatons I've made is adding the class 3 hitch and am running Bosch
platinum four electrode plugs. My mileage is always > 16.5 mpg when not towing
and has never been less than 14 mpg. I've found that I get 1 - 1.5 mpg more per
gallon with the new Bosch plugs. Since installing the Bosch plugs I average
slightly over 17mpg. Looking forward to lively discussions with other
Dakota/Durango lovers.

Matt Ross
meross@gpu.com
1993 Dakota 318 2wd extra cab