Re: Re[2]: I get shocked everytime I get out of my truck

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 15:18:22 EDT

Static electricity buildup is effected by tire composition, seat material
and fabric of clothes, not to mention humidity ;-)

Possible fixes are touching metal on the door before sliding your butt
across the seat, spraying seats with fabric softener (or wiping them down
with Bounce dryer sheets), changing clothes/seat material, changing tires
and grounding the truck with a strap or similar device.

I have a Kafka Bros. Lightning Rod grounding strap on my truck (and my
motorcycle). I put the straps on to reduce dust buildup (which is what they
were designed for), but I've gotten shocked VERY little since I've had the
straps on (they seem to keep the dust buildup down, also). Here's their
website http://www.kooltie.com/lightening.html

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate