Re: Who's got front hitch?

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 19:50:19 EDT

Funny you should ask. Yesterday, I got a front mounting Hidden-Hitch in
the mail from JC Whitney. When I called Hidden-Hitch to clarify the
difference in max. tow (3,500 lbs) and max. pull line (9000 lbs) I was
told the pull line is what you look at for pulling something or being
pulled.
FYI, for '00 with the 4.7 the front mounting Hidden-Hitch on the market
now WILL NOT work (I'm really starting to dislike JC Whitney). To make a
long story short, the front Hidden-Hitch on the market now was designed
for the 5.2. The cross brace on the 4.7 sets about 2 inches towards the
back of the truck from where the 5.2 did, so the brackets on the hitch
don't reach the cross brace. I talked to a tech at Hidden-Hitch, they
are working of one for the 4.7. The hitch cost $80. Last night I did a
search for any other brand that would fit with a 4.7. The only one I
found was a Draw-Tite for $156 (ouch), so I ordered it. I'll let folks
know if it fits, I should get it mid next week. It has the same weight
limits as the Hidden-Hitch.

Todd
'00, 4.7, CC, 4X4, 5spd.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!